I do not know if you are aware that the energy bills have gone up this year and to think it is only the beginning of the year! So to keep it low, I have here some tips that you might want to follow. My family and I have done these steps a couple of years ago and so far have seen a big difference when it comes to our energy bills. Here are those steps:
1. Replace your old boiler with the modern ones as they are usually 'A' rated high efficiency condensing boiler which would reduce CO2 emissions as well as the heating bills.
2. Set your thermostat to an average of 68°F to 70°F in the winter and lower when you are not at home, by doing this you could cut the heating bills by up to 10 percent of your usual bills.
3. Have your home properly insulated by installing thermal wraps on your attic or loft, double glazed your windows, and use Continuous Insulation on walls. These would prevent heat escape and would keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summertime.
4. Fit draft guards around the front door and over the letter box on the door, or put a curtain over the bottom of the front door, this will help keep the drafts out!
5. Use insulated blackouts fabric curtains during winter season and closes it when it starts to get dark to keep the heat in and drafts out.
By doing these steps you are not only cutting down your energy bills, but you are also saving the planet by reducing CO2 emission. So help the world by helping yourself too!
I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog for Sealed N Safe and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my Own.