• 1 whole salmon, 3-4kg/6.5-10lb in weight, gutted and cleaned
• 4 sprigs fresh parsley
• ½ lemon, sliced
• 2 bay leaves
• 150ml/5fl oz dry white wine
• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
2. Take 2 large sheets of foil and place on top of each other in a roasting tin. Spread the oil on the foil and place the salmon on top.
3. Put the parsley, lemon slices and bay leaves into the body cavity. Fold the edges of the foil together but just before sealing, pour in the wine.
4. Bake the fish for 50-60 minutes.
5. Serve hot or cold. If you want to serve it cold, allow the fish to cool in the parcel and then gently peel off the skin and garnish with thinly sliced cucumber and watercress.
I have here some photos of the said Salmon, note that I am only just starting to cook and not an expert so please bear with me. The skin of the fish came off when it was cooked but it did taste and smells so good.